Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tip of the Day: October 10th

Did you know that our military service members and their families can use expired coupons overseas? Those who have access to a Military Commissary can use coupons up to 6 months expired.

I first heard about this about a year ago, but the program I read about required a large amount of sorting, special packaging, and fees paid by the donor. I wanted to help, but I couldn't commit that time and money.

Luckily, I have since discovered Coupons for Troops, sponsored and created by The Happy Housewife. Her program is so simple. If you'd like to participate, just send her an e-mail. She assigns you to a family. Then you send your expired coupons to that family. THAT'S IT! You don't even have to pay international shipping--it's a domestic rate for service stations!

Read more details HERE and stop throwing away your expired coupons today!

No comments: